Milpitas ARES/RACES - Amateur Radio Emergency Service firstname.lastname@example.orgThis is an ANNOUNCE only group. Discussions should take place in the appropriate sub-groups.
Purpose: This is the main group for Milpitas, California ARES/RACES. The main group is only used for announcements that are relevant to all Milpitas ARES/RACES members or those with a demonstrated interest in Emergency Communications within Milpitas. The actual group discussions take place in various sub-groups listed in the subgroups menu. Membership in this main group is required in order to join the subgroups.
Membership: This group is open to all Milpitas, California ARES/RACES members or those with a demonstrated interest in Emergency Communications within Milpitas.
To Join This Group:
- Log into Groups.io and set the "Display Name" in your profile to include your full name and FCC call sign. This helps others in the discussion group know who you are.
- Click on the "Apply for Membership In This Group" button below.
- If you are not currently logged into Groups.io, you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your e-mail address. Reply to that e-mail as soon as possible.
- You will receive an e-mail requesting specific information that helps us verify who you are and prevent SPAM. Reply to that e-mail as soon as possible.
- Once approved, you will be able to join the subgroups that apply to you.
Using a Mail Forwarder with Groups.io:
Groups.io ensures that the address from which you send e-mails to the group is an address that is subscribed to the group. If you subscribe to one of the groups with a mail forwarder address, such as <call sign>@ARRL.net, e-mails that you send to the group will be rejected because they aren't sent from the mail forwarder address.
To allow emails to be sent to the group from a different address, follow this procedure:
- Log into Groups.io with the address used to receive mail (e.g. your <call sign>@ARRL.net address).
- In the upper-right corner, click on your name. This will open a pull-down menu.
- Click on "Account"
- Click on "Advanced Settings For Email Aliases"
- Enter the real address from which you send e-mails to the group. This is typically the address to which the ARRL.net account forwards your mail.
- Click on "+ Add Email Alias"
- 28 Members
- 73 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- Only moderators can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to sender.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to subscribers only.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Topics are automatically closed after 90 days.